Before installing a Lua script, make sure you've installed either RGP Lua or JW Lua.
- Find the script you want and click "download"
This will download a
.luafile. You can search for and find scripts on the scripts page of this site.
- Save the downloaded script
You can save it anywhere on your computer, though make sure you can keep it there permenantly. Two common places to save these are in the same folder you installed the plugin, or in a cloud-synced folder (like for Dropbox or Google Drive).
- Open Finale and open a document
On Mac, the plug-in menu does not appear unlesss a document is opened.
- Open the plugin
For RGP Lua, go to
Plug-ins > Lua > RGP Lua…. For JW Lua, to to
Plug-ins > Lua > JW Lua…. (Assuming that when you installed RGP/JW Lua, you used a folder called
- For RGP Lua
Addbutton and then the
Select File…button to add an individual Lua script.
- For JW Lua
Go to the manager tab and click on the
[menu]plug-in group. Then click "open" next to the Plug-in Groups section. Note that there are two "open" buttons. You want to click the bottom one.
- Find the saved
.luaand select it
For RGP Lua, click "open" and then "OK". For JW Lua, click "open". You should now see the file listed in the plug-in window.
- Close the plugin. You may also get a warning that the changes will not be reflected until you restart Finale; you can close this warning.
- Restart Finale and view the new script under Plug-ins > Lua
You can now run this script!